Monday, September 21, 2009

Brideshead Revisited

Tonight I watched Brideshead Revisited.  I had no idea what it was about.  I must say it left me wondering...  What excataly I am not sure but it made me very happy that first off I do not serve the god that they do.  My God, the One God, is not about guilting you into obeying Him.  God wants your love but He will not make you love Him.  I praise Him because I see who He is and I freely want to follow him.  Second the story made me think, what is it about forbidden love that makes a person want it?  We, as humans, want and need drama.  God made us that way but He did not intend for us to seek it in this manner.  I know that if you are looking for drama you do not have to look farther then the Bible or God's will for your life.  If you fallow what God wants in your life you will never be thirsty again.  I realized something for the first time tonight.  When Jesus was talking to the woman at the well He told her if she drank from His cup she would never be thirsty again, He was saying she craved attention, affection and life and that she could have all that- in Him.  He can be all the drama we want and need.  We don't need sin to have excitment, truly live and be loved.  All we need is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment